Friday, January 11, 2013

Yes, I use CLOTH DIAPERS!

"They still make those things?"

I get asked that a lot by people when I tell them that we use cloth diapers. The answer is yes, yes they do!  (And no, I don't make my own soap, churn my own butter, or use cloth toilet paper! --insert eye roll here).  

I'm still learning a lot about cloth diapering, but what I do know is that I love them, and don't know why I waited so long to try it. Well, actually, I know exactly why... I had no idea where to start, how to do it, or what to buy.  Shoot, some days I still feel like that! 

To someone that has no clue about cloth diapering, just figuring out where to begin can be extremely overwhelming.  I dare you to google it, and see the mass amounts of information that comes up.  You will see terms like pre-folds, pockets, AIO's (all-in-one's), AI2's (all-in-two's), hybrids, fitteds, blah blah blah blah blah!  As we say around our house, "It's crazy talk!"

For me, it boils down to three simple things:

1.  Cost Effectiveness
Because we want to have more than two kids, it makes sense to me to purchase diapers once.  Sure, I may pay more up front, but isn't that why people love Costco?

2.  Skin Sensitivities
My babies tend to have hyper sensitive skin (which they can thank me for).  I just feel better having cloth against their skin rather than the chemicals in 'sposies!  In simpler terms, I don't wear paper underwear, so why should my babies? 

3.  The Cuteness Factor
Let's be honest.  Disposable diapers are just not cute. End of story.

Within the next week, I'm going to try really hard to do a couple video reviews of the cloth diapers I do use.  My favorite brand is Fuzzibunz, but I also like Flips and BumGenius as well.  I'll go into more details later but until then, here is a pic of a few of my diapers; two Flips covers and a Fuzzibunz Elite!  Enjoy!



xoxo
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment